Saturday, July 23, 2011

Wk3 Publishing/Leadership project part 1 of 2: WHERE

Publication versus Presentation

Well, I am leaning towards a presentation. I do not have time to write another paper worthy of publication.

With the advent of voice in powerpoint, I'm wondering why we need to type more words on a project? Also with the advent of YouTube or Viddler, couldn't we submit a link to our PowerPoint screen flow or actually "present" to our video camera and post it? Often my brain works faster than I can type, and believe me I can type pretty fast (80+ wpm when I get going). Also with typing my English/grammar cop comes out, and I tend to fix things as I type instead of waiting for a re-write. (I just fixed a missing comma in my compound sentence!)

So what am I going to present? Well, I wish that I was able to obtain some student work to show what they created in Creaza, but I was not thinking ahead and did not get copying of their user name and passwords. Also with Creaza, there was  no publishing option.

Guess I'm left with my data.

Slide one: Problem...in my humble opinion, what is the state of language classroom?
Slide two: Brainstorm...solutions, what are some of the solutions that I see, or have researched.
Slide three: Implementation...what did my CBR project show? How did students react? Phase 1.
Slide four: Implementation...what did Phase 2 show?
Slide five: Future...where do we go from here? What is in the works for my classroom? Game? etc.

3 comments:

  1. Jenney,

    The one thing to remember is no matter what you chose to do, it will be awesome. Why do say I say this????? Because everything that you do is awesome. So, don't fret it kid. Trust your instincts and trust your inclinations. You are always, in my opinion, spot on, and your work is always great quality that stands out compared to others. It has been a pleasure getting to know you through out this process, and you have pushed me to do better work. I've had to in order to keep up with you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Matt's encouragement Jenney! We've all had our ups and down with this project, but you have been a rock! You truly have kept the bar high for all of us! Thinking about your videos in the past 11 months, presenting is a strong suit for you and I know that you enjoy that visual component much more than mere words on paper. I can't wait to see what you develop! I like the brainstorming you're doing so far...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Matthew and Jen! I really appreciate your encouragement! I'm so glad that the Four Eduteers have rocked the last 11 months! You all have been a great support and encouragement for me (and each other)!!! And Matthew, it seems we have been pushing each other to better ourselves. I never wanted to give a less than stellar performance as I knew ya'll would be viewing it!

    ReplyDelete